The following is from the Irish Sailing website.
2021 Irish Sailing Youth Nationals Stay on the Calendar
Irish Sailing, working together with Royal Cork Yacht Club, have agreed to proceed as planned with the Irish Sailing Youth Nationals event in April, subject to restrictions. We will monitor Government restrictions at the end of this month and reassess the decision accordingly. If required, we have an alternative date for the event in late October (28th – 31st) at Royal Cork Yacht Club.
Irish Sailing coach Sean Evans said “Obviously our number one priority is everyone’s health, but if we can run the Youth Nationals safely it is important for our young sailors to have an event to aim for, train and compete in. We’re also keen to get a junior squad up and running for the Laser 4.7 and Toppers as soon as restrictions allow”.
“It is difficult to plan ahead during these uncertain times, however we will have a clearer picture as to what restrictions are likely to be towards the end of this month to base a decision on. The team have been working hard behind the scenes on the event, and we believe the work going into restructuring the format of the Youth Nationals, coupled with anticipated easing of restrictions in the months ahead, will allow the event to run as scheduled” said Harry Hermon, Irish Sailing CEO.